This lemon coriander chicken soup is my all time favourite for a quick, easy and healthy soup. I use it when someone in the house is coming down with a cold or for a quick and delicious lunch or evening meal.
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 500g chicken breast, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 400g can chick peas (optional)
- 400g can corn kernels (optional)
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion, ginger, chicken, coriander, tumeric and cumin; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add stock, chick peas and corn. Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
Want to know why chicken soup is recommended for colds and flus? Read Susie Burrell’s article on Cold, Flu and Chicken Soup.