This Jamie Oliver carrot salad is delicious, nutritious, crunchy, quick and easy to make. Carrots are packed with health-promoting beta carotene, they promote good vision, especially night vision, and help combat health-damaging free radical activity.
- a handful of flaked almonds
- 5 or 6 carrots
- 1 fresh red chilli
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- a 2cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1 lemon
1. Toast the almonds in a small pan on a medium heat, tossing occasionally until golden. Tip into a small bowl.
2. Wash and trim the carrots. Grate them in a food processor (or by hand) add to serving bowl.
3. Add the chilli (stalks and seeds removed).
4. Remove the coriander leaves of a bunch of coriander.
5. Finely grate the ginger and add.
6. Drizzle a lug of extra virgin olive oil over the salad and add a pinch of salt. Finely grate in a little lemon zest, then add a good squeeze of lemon juice. Toss well.
7. Sprinkle over the toasted almonds and take to the table.