I love exercise in the morning. So why mornings?…
1. Increase daily energy. When you exercise in the morning you’ll be energised for the day!
2. Increase metabolism. When you exercise early in the morning, it “jump starts” your metabolism and keeps it elevated for hours, sometimes up to 24 hours! That means you’re burning more calories all day long just because you exercised in the morning!
3. Regulate appetite & make better food choices. Many people find that morning exercise “regulates” their appetite for the day – that they aren’t as hungry and that they make better food choices.
4. You’ll exercise consistently. Over 90% of people who exercise *consistently*, exercise in the morning. If you want to exercise consistently, odds are in your favour if you exercise first thing in the morning.
5. Regulate body clock. If you exercise at about the same time every morning, and ideally wake-up at about the same time on a regular basis, your body’s endocrine system and circadian rhythms adjust to that.
6. Take care of your body, mind & soul. For many people, that appointed time every morning becomes something they look forward to. It’s time they’ve set aside to do something good for themselves – to take care of their body, mind, and soul.
7. Increase mental acuity. Research has demonstrated that exercise increases mental acuity. On average it lasts four to ten hours after exercise! No sense in wasting that brain power while you’re sleeping.
8. You’ll ensure you do it. Exercise first thing in the morning is really the only way to assure that something else won’t crowd exercise out of your schedule. When your days get hectic, exercise usually takes a back seat!
9. Early to bed, early to rise. By exercising in the morning, you’re more inclined to go to bed earlier. Research has shows that the sleep you get before midnight is the most important and that people who exercise on a regular basis have a higher quality of sleep.
10. You’ll feel GREAT!
Healthquarters offers morning classes Monday at 6am, Wednesday at 6am, Friday at 6am, Friday at 9:30am and Saturday at 8:15am.