Exercise with a friend this month and they can enjoy 2-weeks unlimited training for FREE.
All new members will receive a 2-week unlimited pass until 31 March 2017.
Here are 8 reasons why exercise is better with a friend:
1. Accountability – when you have someone counting on you, you are far less likely to bail on a workout. Making plans to meet your friend at 6am is much more concrete than vaguely planning to exercise alone “some time”. Set a date and don’t be late!
2. Exercise becomes more fun – a key element in forming a lifestyle habit is fun. It’s always more enjoyable to share an experience with a friend.
3. You tend to get more out of the session – you’ll work that bit harder when exercising with a partner. It can bring out a competitive instinct that allows you both to push your limits. You’re more likely to do that extra set or an extra kilometre when you’re being spurred on.
4. Safety – having a partner means you will always have someone looking out for you. Whether it’s someone to help if you were to fall when running or to spot you when doing strength training. This will help you through final reps and they can keep a close eye on your technique.
5. You are more likely to try new things – ever wanted to try a boxing class but felt intimidated going there alone? With a partner, your excuses are now removed. It opens up all sorts of possibilities to try new forms of exercise.
6. Reduced costs – that personal training session instantly became cheaper for both of you! And, you’ll still get plenty of individual attention from the trainer.
7. Social well-being – social interaction is often listed as an important factor for many people when choosing exercise. Training with a partner gives you that social contact that is often non-existent when going solo.
8. Shared goals – if two of you are working towards a common goal, it helps to build more resolve and resilience. It’s a fantastic feeling to achieve a goal, and it can be even better when you achieve it with someone else.